About the conference
Borok Geophysical Observatory of Schmidt Institute of Physics of the Earth of the Russian Academy of Sciences (BGO IPE RAS), is holding on June 3 – 7, 2019 Fourth All-Russia Conference on Global Electric Circuit. The goal of the gathering is to present the most significant results of research into the Global Electric Circuit (GEC).
Researchers studying atmospheric electricity, physics of the atmosphere, ionosphere, magnetosphere and affiliated fields are invited to participate and give presentations on the latest advancements in the following spheres:
- Global Electric Circuit and electric fields of the Earth;
- GEC formation: thunderstorm electricity, lightning, high energy processes in upper and middle atmosphere, ionosphere and magnetosphere perturbations;
- Electrodynamics of an atmospheric boundary layer in GEC;
- Ecological and climate aspects of GEC;
- Wave processes in GEC;
- GEC monitoring: field observations and databases;
Preliminary time limit for invited speakers is 45 minutes, for section presentations – 20 minutes. Working language of the conference is Russian, but presentations in English are welcomed too.
The venue of the conference is Borok, a scientific village in Yaroslavl region. Accommodation will be provided at the Academy hotel and at the recreation facility “Rybinka”. Free bus transfer from Moscow to Borok on 3 June (morning) and from Borok to Moscow on 7 June will be provided as an option.
Registration is open until February 15, 2019 via registration form.
Notifications of acceptance into the Conference program and the second announcement will be emailed up to May 6, 2019. Further information about the conference can be found on the conference website